How Do I Make A Custom Order?
- Patch together paper into one large sheet that slightly hangs over all sides of the platform on which you will be using your replacement mattress. We recommend using flooring paper from a home improvement store, gift wrapping paper, or any other paper that can be easily put together to cover the entirety of the platform.
- Press the paper over the sides as you trace the outline of the platform.
- After your outline is traced, write “TOP” on the paper to indicate the top side of the mattress (the side you will sleep on) before removing the template from the platform.
- Once you have removed your outline, write the following information under where you wrote “TOP”:
- Your name
- Shipping address
- Billing address (if different from shipping address)
- Contact phone number
- Carefully fold up the template and put it in an envelope, or roll and put into a tube, and send to:
c/o Walt’s Sleep Shop
721 Hwy 35
Middletown, NJ 07748
If you have any questions or need any assistance creating your custom mattress template, call us at 888-889-2812 and we will walk you through the process.
Choosing Your Replacement Mattress
Additionally, we use a “Sewn Tape Edge” construction for durability. This means we take the time to tape the edge and sew the cover on. As a result, our mattresses—sofa bed mattresses in particular—can better withstand the folding and unfolding of the sofa bed mechanism compared to the cheaper “zip-on” cover used by most competition.
To learn more about why you should choose Replacement Mattress, click here.
The higher the quality of foam used in your sofa bed, marine, truck, or RV mattress, the more comfortable it will be and the longer it will remain at that original level of comfort. The quality of mattress foam is determined by its:
- Density—pounds per cubic foot
- Indentation Force Deflection (IDF)—measure of firmness or how many pounds of force are required to make an indent in the foam
- Flex Fatigue
- Compression Set
Generally, the higher the density of foam, the more supportive the mattress will be. To learn more about foam density and the other factors that determine foam quality, visit our All About Foam page for more detailed information.
Spring or innerspring mattresses are made with metal springs or coils. The spaces between the coils facilitate better airflow than a foam mattress, which generally makes spring mattresses a better choice for those who sleep hot. Spring mattresses also offer more support and firmness compared to foam. As a result, they’re typically recommended for heavier individuals and individuals with back problems.
For more information about the differences between foam and spring mattresses, click here.
- The most important factor in choosing a comfortable and supportive mattress is the weight of the sleeper. Our sofa bed mattresses are designed for the majority of people, so about 90 % of sleepers will have no problem with any of our models. Extremely heavy sleepers, however, may deflect the sofa mattress beyond its ability to fully cushion the bar.
- The denser the foam in a sofa bed mattress, the more comfortable it will be. If you’re worried about feeling the bar, consider opting for our Platinum Sofa Bed Mattress.
Ordering Your Replacement Mattress
- Shape & Size—Replacement mattresses are available in a more diverse range of shapes and sizes online compared to what you will find in a store. At Replacement Mattress, we offer a variety of stock sizes as well as custom sizes and shapes.
- Quality—Each of our replacement mattress types come in many different quality grades. We sell only top-quality mattresses on this website. Stores usually carry only average quality when it comes to sofa bed, RV, marine, and truck mattress, if they have any at all.
- Price—Boat, trailer, truck sleeper, and sofa bed mattresses will cost you about 60% more in stores, compared to when you order directly from the factory.
- Availability—If we do not have what you want, we can easily custom make it to order and have it delivered to you in about a week.
- Security—We use PayPal, which is about as secure as it gets online and in-store. Buying on the phone or even in a store means that you will be giving your credit card information to a stranger.
If you have concerns about purchasing a replacement mattress online, we will be happy to walk you through the process and alleviate your worries. Just give us a call at 888-889-2812. If after speaking with us you’re still uncomfortable ordering a sofa bed, RV, marine, or truck mattress online, we will also be happy to take your order over the phone.
In most cases, we will request that you create a template of your mattress platform, which allows us to customize a mattress exactly to the specifications you need. See below for more information about how to create a custom template.
If you are uncomfortable entering your payment information into our website, we also accept order payments over the phone.
Once we receive your mattress return, we will issue a full refund, minus the original shipping charge. Please note that the customer is responsible for all return shipping costs.
The Replacement Mattress warranty guarantees that every mattress we sell is free of any manufacturer defects for a period of five years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to the mattress cover. All replacement mattresses covered by this warranty must be returned in sanitary condition (no stains), with the customer responsible for all shipping costs.
We will replace or repair your mattress during the warranty period at no additional cost to you beyond the freight charges.
Shipping & Delivery of Your Replacement Mattress
All other sofa bed mattress sizes, as well as RV, marine, and truck mattresses are made to order. Custom mattress orders are typically shipped within 4-10 days of online order placement. Most custom orders received before Sunday at 12am EST will be shipped by the following Thursday. Here is a map showing the approximate days in transit: