How Do I Make A Custom Order?
If you need a specific length and width you can select these on any sofa bed mattress on our website before adding to cart and checking out.
If you need a specific length and width in a rectangular shape without any cuts, you can select these on any RV, Marine or Truck mattress on our website before adding to cart and checking out. You can also order most common cut styles for any RV, Marine or Truck mattress directly on the product page. For a fully custom shape, create a custom paper template (see below) and mail it to us or upload a digital file version with full dimensions here.
Draw a rough sketch (or take a photo) showing cuts, (and large radius and tapered sides, if any). Also include the maximum width and length of the existing platform and mattress. Finally, choose a model. Once you have all of this information, please email it to [email protected], and we will get you an estimate quickly.
Replacement Mattress offers RV, sofa bed, marine, and truck mattresses in custom shapes and sizes to fit the needs of any space. If you’re placing an order with a custom template, follow these five easy steps for an accurate outline:
1. Patch together paper into one large sheet that slightly hangs over all sides of the platform on which you will be using your replacement mattress. We recommend using flooring paper from a home improvement store, gift wrapping paper, or any other paper that can be easily put together to cover the entirety of the platform.
2. Press the paper over the sides as you trace the outline of the platform.
3. After your outline is traced, write “TOP” on the paper to indicate the top side of the mattress (the side you will sleep on) before removing the template from the platform.
4. Once you have removed your outline, write the following information under where you wrote “TOP”
- Your name
- Shipping address
- Billing address (if different from shipping address)
- Contact phone number
5. Carefully fold up the template and put it in an envelope, or roll and put into a tube, and send to:
c/o Walt’s Sleep Shop
721 Hwy 35 Middletown, NJ 07748
If you have any questions or need any assistance creating your custom mattress template, call us at 888-889-2812 and we will walk you through the process.
Choosing Your Replacement Mattress
We put our premium models as the first option on the left. If budget isn’t a factor go with that model for the type of mattress you need.
Every one of our mattresses is designed for ultimate quality, comfort, and durability, and can be customized to fit your unique needs. The primary feature that sets our mattresses apart is the solid foam core. We find that this provides the best support in a 4” depth and keeps the mattress from bottoming out.
Additionally, we use a “Sewn Tape Edge” construction for durability. This means we take the time to tape the edge and sew the cover on. As a result, our mattresses—sofa bed mattresses in particular—can better withstand the folding and unfolding of the sofa bed mechanism compared to the cheaper “zip-on” cover used by most competition. To learn more about why you should choose Replacement Mattress, click here.
The higher the quality of foam used in your sofa bed, marine, truck, or RV mattress, the more comfortable it will be and the longer it will remain at that original level of comfort. The quality of mattress foam is determined by its:
- Density—pounds per cubic foot
- Indentation Force Deflection (IDF)—measure of firmness or how many pounds of force are required to make an indent in the foam
- Flex Fatigue
- Compression Set
Generally, the higher the density of foam, the more supportive the mattress will be. To learn more about foam density and the other factors that determine foam quality, visit our All About Foam page for more detailed information.
Foam mattresses compress based on your body weight. The foam conforms to your body to deliver greater, more individualized support while you sleep. Foam mattresses are usually softer than spring mattresses and ideal for relieving pressure and isolating motion.
Spring or innerspring mattresses are made with metal springs or coils. The spaces between the coils facilitate better airflow than a foam mattress, which generally makes spring mattresses a better choice for those who sleep hot. Spring mattresses also offer more support and firmness compared to foam. As a result, they’re typically recommended for heavier individuals and individuals with back problems.
For more information about the differences between foam and spring mattresses, click here.
Choosing a sofa bed mattress that will provide you with the lasting comfort and support you need comes down to a few different factors: size, type of material, thickness, and more. Our experts put together a Sofa Bed Mattress Buying Guide with all the information you need to make the best decision.
Believe it or not, this is the number one question asked of us. Thankfully, we can always assure our customers that our products excel when it comes to quality and comfort. It is very unlikely that you will feel the bar of our sofa bed mattresses. There are, however, a few things to keep in mind when it comes to choosing a sofa bed mattress:
- The most important factor in choosing a comfortable and supportive mattress is the weight of the sleeper. Our sofa bed mattresses are designed for the majority of people, so about 90 % of sleepers will have no problem with any of our models. Extremely heavy sleepers, however, may deflect the sofa mattress beyond its ability to fully cushion the bar.
- The denser the foam in a sofa bed mattress, the more comfortable it will be. If you’re worried about feeling the bar, consider opting for our Platinum Sofa Bed Mattress.
Ordering Your Replacement Mattress
People are sometimes wary when it comes to ordering a mattress online, but there are actually quite a few advantages to purchasing a sofa bed, RV, marine, or truck mattress from an online store:
- Shape & Size—Replacement mattresses are available in a more diverse range of shapes and sizes online compared to what you will find in a store. At Replacement Mattress, we offer a variety of stock sizes as well as custom sizes and shapes.
- Quality—Each of our replacement mattress types come in many different quality grades. We sell only top-quality mattresses on this website. Stores usually carry only average quality when it comes to sofa bed, RV, marine, and truck mattress, if they have any at all.
- Price—Boat, trailer, truck sleeper, and sofa bed mattresses will cost you about 60% more in stores, compared to when you order directly from the factory.
- Availability—If we do not have what you want, we can easily custom make it to order and have it delivered to you in about a week.
- Security—We use PayPal, which is about as secure as it gets online and in-store. Buying on the phone or even in a store means that you will be giving your credit card information to a stranger.
If you have concerns about purchasing a replacement mattress online, we will be happy to walk you through the process and alleviate your worries. Just give us a call at 888-889-2812. If after speaking with us you’re still uncomfortable ordering a sofa bed, RV, marine, or truck mattress online, we will also be happy to take your order over the phone.
Yes, we create a wide range of various mattress shapes to accommodate all types of RV and boat spaces. We make radius corners, large radius ends, as well as mattresses which require a combination of cut and radius corners. Here are some examples of shapes we can create:
In most cases, we will request that you create a template of your mattress platform, which allows us to customize a mattress exactly to the specifications you need. See below for more information about how to create a custom template.
Our website is the most secure way to pay for your mattress order. We accept major credit and debit cards (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover, etc.) via the Braintree gateway, one of the premier payment processors in the USA. They offer the highest level of security and fraud protection possible, benefiting both our customers and our business. We also offer an option for payment via PayPal. In no case do we store any of your credit card information on our site.
If you are uncomfortable entering your payment information into our website, we also accept order payments over the phone.
We only charge sales tax when shipping to New Jersey. We do not charge sales tax on any order within the remaining 47 continental states.
We want you to be happy with the replacement mattress you purchase from us. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, we encourage you to get in touch with us by phone within 30 days of receiving your product, and we will try our best to help you.
Returns are limited to the following standard and common sizes and do not apply to custom orders:
Sofa Bed mattress 52×72, 54×72, 60×72
RV mattress 54×74, 60×74, 60×79
Boat mattress 54×74, 60×74, 60×79
Truck mattress 38×74, 54×74, 60×74
If you decide you’d like to return your replacement mattress after speaking with us, we will issue a return merchandise authorization (RMA). Simply return your sofa bed, RV, marine, or truck sleeper mattress within 30 days of receiving your product and place the RMA number on the shipping label.
Once we receive your mattress return, we will issue a full refund, minus the original shipping charge. Please note that the customer is responsible for all return shipping costs.
Our number one goal is to deliver the sofa bed, RV, marine, or truck sleeper mattress of the best value and quality possible within the price range you selected. As such, we will promptly resolve all reasonable complaints in order to please you, our customer.
The Replacement Mattress warranty guarantees that every mattress we sell is free of any manufacturer defects for a period of five years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to the mattress cover. All replacement mattresses covered by this warranty must be returned in sanitary condition (no stains), with the customer responsible for all shipping costs.
We will replace or repair your mattress during the warranty period at no additional cost to you beyond the freight charges.
Shipping & Delivery of Your Replacement Mattress
There is no shipping charge for orders being delivered within the continental U.S. If you’d like to ship a mattress outside of the lower 48 states, please call us to discuss shipping and delivery.
After your mattress comes out of production it will be compressed, folded, rolled and boxed for shipment via FedEx ground service or, in some cases, USPS (Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico). The box size will be approximately 42″-47″x 16″ x16″. Your replacement mattress will be shipped from our facility in New Jersey via either UPS or FED EX ground.
Replacement Mattress is committed to manufacturing and shipping your sofa bed, RV, marine, or truck mattress as quickly as possible. Stock size sofa bed mattresses can be shipped within one day if an order is received by 12pm EST or on the next weekday if placed after that time.
All other sofa bed mattress sizes, as well as RV, marine, and truck mattresses are made to order. Custom mattress orders are typically shipped within 4-10 days of online order placement. Most custom orders received before Sunday at 12am EST will be shipped by the following Thursday. Here is a map showing the approximate days in transit:
Yes. You will receive a confirmation from us via the shipping carrier.
You may cancel your order any time prior to delivery. However, please note that once shipped, you are responsible for the original freight costs as well as the return shipping cost.